Monday, January 16, 2006

4:45 pm...too early?

Hmmm...I felt slightly guilty about it but today at 4:45 I poured myself a small glass of wine and sat back to watch the kiddos eat dinner. Today was a fun day, complete with a great playdate and rest/nap time, but somehow, by 4:45 I was ready to be finished keeping the two of them from killing each other. Friday of last week was REALLY hard and today wasn't bad at all but...the wine helped! I cheered up and managed to get Sam to eat an ENTIRE serving of Mac N Cheese and about 15 edamame pods-hooray! We have switched to soy nut butter (because of Rachel's allergies I can't send PB to school anyway...) and both boys love it. When Ted was much younger I would spread almond butter on crackers and he'd gobble it up. I haven't done that in a while and did it today to great success. Tonight Tara and I met up to address the kids' party invitations. Should be another fun one at Pump It Up! I'm happy that the kids are still able to share a party...they are so different from each other now that they barely can manage to play together, but at least they still love to bounce and eat cake! Now that they have their special birthday jumpsuits they are ready for their big day! I can't believe Ted is going to be FOUR years old. Where does the time go? I can remember my chubby 6 month old cherub as if it was yesterday...I do miss that age sometimes. He was so cute and innocent and couldn't do anything wrong! He was everything I had ever dreamed of in a baby- and how quickly he grew into a saucy, stubborn little boy (just like his mom-hmmm.) Still, there is definately something inherently special about Ted...whether it's because he's the first born, or because he is (usually) a mellow kid...he is a great little person. But wow, I do miss the bliss of a sweet little baby. Sam, on the other hand, gets more and more fun (and easier too!) as he ages. He is such a joy right now, so proud of his 'big boy' accomplishments. He is quite the momma's boy (on a hike Sunday ONLY MAMA could carry him-ugh!!) but I have to admit, it is a nice feeling to be needed. I wonder where Mae will fit in...what will her personality be like? What will be her "good age" that I will always look on as 'the best times'? I can't wait to meet you, little one!

No comments: