Monday, June 2, 2008

First Official Day of Summer Break

Whew! I survived! We left this morning at 8:30 for Ted's swim practice at North Pool, about a mile and a half away. Ted rode and I lugged the Burley with the 2 kiddos and all our swim stuff. Ted really enjoyed practice (hooray!) and we biked back to South Pool for a few hours of play. I swam laps the entire adult swim, making this the official day of most exercise I've ever had in my life. Then we biked home (uphill) and had lunch. After naps, Sam and Mae wanted to bike again so they did some around the garage and driveway before heading up to the cul-de-sac for 2 more hours of biking and a picnic. LOVE Ted's choice of picnic food: graham crackers, rice cheese shreds, marshmallows and dill pickles! What a nut. (Paul brought us a pizza later on.) It was an exhausting day but a good one. We'll repeat this on Wednesday and Friday of this week!

Here is Mae riding her trike! If she keeps this up, I'll let her do the next bike race with Ted!



Plus a cute one of Sam. Keep in mind he's been terrified of his bike (after a terrific summer last year) so we are PSYCHED that he is back at it.

No comments: