Tuesday, October 24, 2006

a good night

Well. Things were different around here last night. I put Mae down at 6:30, after a warm bath. We had a bottle and she went right to sleep. I set the time for an hour and went in and patted her head and covered her up with blankie. She opened her eyes and grumbled a bit, then turned over and went back to sleep. I set it for another hour but she was up at 55 minutes and cried, so I went in and did the same. The 3rd hour I was going to bed, in her room. That didn't work. She was up for the next hour, playing, humming and looking at me. So, after an hour, I covered her back up, patted her head and left. I didn't hear a peep til 4:50, when I went in and did the same routine. She then slept again til 6:50. For her to not have fussed from 4:50 on is amazing. And she essentially went all night without truly freaking out with the shriek of terror. I am encouraged. Tonight we will skip me being in there at all but keep the going in every hour before bed. Most different was my conscious attempt to be kind...not checked out and annoyed. I wonder if that was really it all along. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad things went better for you last night. Crossing my fingers and toes it goes well for the rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

Great news!! . Sounds like it is working! . Why not add her special lullaby to the hourly mix? . That always helped you. . Good luck for tonite! . Mom