Sunday, March 4, 2007

Happy Purim!

Chag sameach! Our temple has an adult Megillah reading and Purim spiel for adults that I went to last night. It was lame but funny, with a Star Trek theme that I appreciated. I love Spock. Anyway, today was the carnival at the JCC, run by a different temple but heavily staffed with preschool parent volunteers. I was in charge of setting up and tearing down the cakewalk. As usual, it was complete mayham. Ted did the cakewalk about 20 times before the person reading the winner had pity on him and gave him a consolation prize. Thanks to Wendy for spearheading it! I told her I would have gladly paid $5 for the cupcake he was eyeing, just to play a different game! It was fun but very crowded this year so we escaped and went to Wahoo's for lunch. Paul met us with Sam and Mae (who would have FREAKED out with such a crowd). Then Ted went to Alex's while I cleared up at the J. I'm glad Purim is over-it's a bit too chaotic for me! This pic is from our first Purim carnival at the J two years ago (Ted with Maggie, both age 3. Aww.) Chag sameach!

1 comment:

Beth and Shayna said...

Sounds like the purim carnival was just as crazy as the one down here. My sister said last year it was not nearly as crowded. We had fun and I hope you did too.