Thursday, May 10, 2007

Look Ma, no helmet!

Gotta love Boulder. Yes, it was warm today, but barefoot and in a bikini? Ted pointed out that she had no helmet on. Today was a good day. We did our favorite bike ride to the Dinosaur Park, then lunch at Jamba/bagels. Ted had swimming which lets out at 4:30, awfully tight for my 5:15 Parent Orientation at Horizons. We met at Horizons, Paul took the kids home, I went to my meeting and then met up with Wendy to walk. We ended up eating a delicious Indian meal and poking around Michael's before heading back to her house so she could drive me back to my car. I think she said it's about 2 miles back to her house, so I did my 4 today.
The Orientation was really fun. Besides an overview of the school's philosophy, each of the 4 K/1 teachers gave a little talk and we got to ask questions. I knew about 4 of the parents in some shape or form, so that was really fun to hook up again. There are scheduled play dates in the parks over the summer so the kids get to know each other. Fun stuff. And the best news of all: we had assumed we'd have to pay the 5 day/week K-care fee, since Horizons is full day K. The "suggested but not required" donation is $205/month! And since it's not required, you can elect to not pay it! We will, of course, especially since that's almost $200 less than the regular K-care fee. Makes you wonder what Boulder Valley does with that extra $200 per child that isn't actually used by the school. Hmm...

No comments: