Sunday, September 16, 2007

bye bye, training wheels *revisited*

One of the things I've noticed about having kiddos so close in age is that as soon as a milestone is finally reached by Ted, it's time to start on Sam! Sam woke up on his (4th) birthday and told me to take his training wheels off. Now, for the record, I would have preferred to wait until next Spring, but he was adamant. So I did and we've been working on it a little bit. He is very excited to try it and actually is capable of doing it on his own (if it's a flat straightaway) but as soon as he sees that I'm not holding him, he FLIPS OUT. *sigh* Anyway, today he did a really good job (still flipping out) so I'm going to try and get him out a few times this week and I think he'll have it. Like so many things in life, it's all about his confidence in himself. On Friday I took Alex and my kids to a park so Wendy could do a shoot in peace. Sam practiced on the tennis courts for a while but ended up learning how to pump a swing! He actually figured out the leaning part. Ted just learned this in May so I'm impressed with him. For a kid who didn't walk until almost 18 months old, he is turning into my little athletic go-getter! Look for a video in the next few days, if I can get him to stop screaming long enough to film him!!

No comments: