Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Lazy Sunday

How funny. By "a lazy Sunday," I mean that we ditched our plans for the big Hanukkah concert and stayed home. But I was not lazy; I didn't even take a nap! I got TONS of stuff done! Must bullet!
  • 4 loads of laundry
  • 2 loaves of bread
  • a delicious acorn squash soup for our local dinner (CSA squash & onions)
  • CSA beans soaking for tomorrow's pumpkin black bean soup
  • No-Knead Bread started to accompany the soup
  • Ted's "gear bag" all loaded with everything he needs for his High Rank class tomorrow
  • Ted's 8+ page Ski Packet filled out, due tomorrow
At Horizons, as part of their Outdoor Ed program, they take the kids skiing at Eldora once a week, full day, for 3 weeks. Ted's class goes on Wednesdays (perfect, since he has nothing to do after school so we can come home and chill!) This will be his first year on skis and I'm excited for him. Alongside hiking and mountain biking, skiing is an important part of an active lifestyle in Colorado.

So, this is the first time in a LONG time that I am facing Monday CAUGHT UP. Amazing. Tomorrow I plan to cook the exciting new beans, prepare the soup, and work on finding B&Bs for the '08 Moeller reunion, which is tentatively set for COLORADO! Woo hoo! I'm thinking a B&B in central Boulder for a few days and then some time up at the Estes Y at the cabins. Besids B&Bs there are the Chautauqua cabins too. So, I'll be doing some researching in the next few days.

The snow has finally stopped, before it got too bad and after there was enough snow to make it fun for the kids. This week I am going to see what kind of snow tires we can put on the van. Last winter was pretty scary some of the time, so we'll see what they recommend.

No comments: