Thursday, January 31, 2008

Much baking!

Today was a lazy Thursday. The roads were terrible after our little snowfall last night and Ted was 40 minutes late to school. After slipping and sliding my way home, the kiddos and I started cooking. First on the list was Ted's bread. Next we made an obligatory batch of Vive's Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies. Again. Because on Tuesday we had to give most of them away so this time we got the whole batch! Mmm. While the cookies baked, I started roasting my last Blue Ballet squash for my long-ago-planned Hubbard Squash Pie w/ Gingersnap Pie Crust . I'll bake that soon! I pulled out a favorite meal for a warming local dinner tonight, individual pot pies. We loved this so much the first time. Mmm. It hadn't defrosted enough so it'll be Friday's local dinner; we had leftover CSA spaghetti squash, homemade marinara sauce and vegan meatballs. Yum. Even Mae liked it.

A group of fellow beginner skiing kindergarteners are heading up to Eldora this Sunday for a full day of ski school. I'm going to take advantage of the First Timer's deal and do the Adult version myself! Ted and I will meet up for lunch. We talked about it last night and again this morning, and Ted is gung ho to ski again and learn 'more cool ski stuff.' We went by Boulder Ski Deals this afternoon before TKD and picked up a pair of goggles for me and some hand and toe warmers for both of us. Bring it on! I also bought Ted his own helmet (on sale!) because his rental one was too tight for his big melon, but I may return it because now he says he just wants to rent again. Argh. My kids and their huge heads. Looking forward to a big weekend: ATA Tournament on Saturday and skiing on Sunday. Kewl.

No comments: