Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Whah happahned?

Wow, it's been a while. Saturday during TKD, the light was coming in through the blinds funny and I developed a (rare now) really severe migraine. I spent the day huddling under the covers in my darkened bedroom and actually kicked it by evening, allowing me to take Ted to Ninja Night/have dinner with Wendy. Yum, Indian. Sunday I still didn't feel 100% so we lay low and didn't do much. Monday Ole and I hiked and lots of cleaning and laundry finally got done! We had bookclub last night and talked about The History of Love. What a great book. I'm re-reading it to catch all the little details I missed.
Tonight for our local dinner we had the scrumptious Spinach Kabocha Squash Soup, with CSA kabocha, onion and garlic (the spinach wasn't CSA but it was from Colorado.) I LOVE this soup. I also love that it can be done in the crock pot. Just put the previously cooked squash in with the whole garlic cloves and chopped onion, add 4 cups of veggie broth and put on low til ready. A few minutes before serving, squash it all with a potato masher and add 2 cups of spinach. Stir to wilt spinach and serve. So delicious.

1 comment:

Green Bean said...

Vegetarian, crock pot AND an opportunity to use up some of the frozen kabocha in my freezer. You are my hero! Now I just need to pick some greens from the garden and then there's my next Dark Days post. ;-)