Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Holidays! Hanukkah came early this year, on the tail of Thanksgiving. We celebrated once at temple, once at a friend's, and the rest of the time at home. It's been a lovely week. The kids were very happy with their presents this year, though I think they were more excited to light their own menorahs. I'm not sure why, but this was the first year we let all 3 of them light their own menorah and they LOVED it. So, a new tradition is born. Mae got her dollhouse, the one I picked up this summer. I was worried that she wouldn't like it; she's not very girly, after all, but she LOVED it and thanks me for it daily, which I love. I played with my dollhouse for years and years, and am so happy to gift my daughter with one of her own! Sam's big present this year was a Lego City House, which he'd asked for ages ago. He was right on - it's perfect for his skill level and he just treasures it. Ted, sweetly, says his favorite present is the blanket I knit for him, but I think the Wii game, Super Smash Bros, is really the #1 hit. Aunt Jayne sent presents and didn't forget the critters!


Happy Holidays to you!

No comments: