Saturday, November 5, 2005

I love weekends

You know, I never really thought I'd be one of those stay-at-home moms who can't wait for the weekend so they can sleep in while Dad takes the kids out. And really, that seldom happens anyway, because I tend to wake up and stay up (well, in bed but awake...so after a while, what's the point?!) But I have to say that after the week I had, I was thrilled for the weekend to arrive. Today was a nice day, spent with the chavurah at a breezy but cool park, followed by a delicious spread at the host's house. Then rest time and even a pedicure for me! That was fun. Then tonight, at bedtime, the world suddenly went crazy. Previously calm and cheerful kiddos, happily watching "Robin Hood" (a fox version...?) went ballastic when the timer went off. It was amazing. I felt like one of those bad parent families you see on Nanny 911 or something...everyone screaming and crying. Nuts! Ted is STILL awake, probably traumatized by the dramatics of the evening. What the heck?! I always wonder what exactly is going on when things go haywire like that. Oh well. I'm beat.
Here's another angle on the nursery. It's so pleasant to walk past...referrals should be out next week. Our agency will most likely not receive any (since they got all of their March families logged in early) but it's still nice to know things are still moving forward. Our Yahoo! board is hopping! We are starting a book club and a life book club (like a scrapbook but with more factual info that just pics and stories). It should be fun! I want to suggest a movie club, but we've already watched so many Chinese movies...I'm not sure I'd want to watch them again...some of them are soooo depressing! Anyway, time marches on.

No comments: