Monday, April 3, 2006

Update!

We were thrilled to receive an update via email today from CCAI. These stats and pics were taken on March 1, 2006 (just 1 day after our referral arrived!) so these are 7 month stats. She looks and sounds healthy and thriving. 27 more days...

Height: 71 cm
Weight: 8.5 kg (18.7 pounds)
Chest Cir: 43 cm
Head Cir: 43 cm
Foot Length: 9 cm
HepB: negative
Teeth: 0
Sitting?: Yes
Standing?: No
Walking: No
Speaking: No
Where is your child currently sleeping? She sleeps in a crib by herself.

Paul pointed out that the "surprised look" picture is the first one in which she is looking directly at the camera. In the other, she looks hot! If they think she weighs 18+ pounds, I am going to guess she's about 15 or so. Tomorrow I'll send this info to our pediatrician who will prescribe medications for her based on her weight. I assume the crib she is in is her very own-I will ask on Mae Day if I have my wits about me. It looks very comfy and cute! One of the things our travel group is going to do is take the orphanage director to the Wal-Mart type department store in Changsa and have him (her?) tell us what the orphanage really needs. One orphanage asked for an AC, another for a washing machine. Both were under $100USD. I hope we can help them out-they certainly know how to care for the babies! Hang on, Huai Xiang, we're coming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my! So cute! AND bundled up!! The outdoor pic looks like she is loosing her baby hair and getting a new crop in. I can NOT wait to hold her!!
Susan

Beth and Shayna said...

She is abolutely adorable. She looks so great. I am so happy for you. Only 26 more days until you leave!!

Anonymous said...

What darling pictures of Mae!! She has so much hair now!!..I do wonder, tho, how much of what we see is Mae, and how much is a pile of clothing! That is such a great idea - buying something major for the orphanage... I wonder what your group will buy....Did you say that 10 families in your group will be going to get little girls from the same orphanage?..
She is a dear! I can't wait to see her and hold her!

... Mom