Thursday, May 25, 2006

life is good

Today was my first day alone, although Paul was working in the basement and was there for the lunch/nap ordeal and took over at 5pm on the dot...lucky me! We got a car wash and visited with Karin, Henry's grandmother. The boys love her and she gave them a little science lesson while throwing stones in a little ravine near their house. Sam had a few very sad moments (like when I reprimanded him for waking Mae up...hmmm) but not bad. Ted is exhausted and needs more sleep, but is still being a sweet big brother. At the end of the day, I got to tuck Ted in, sing and cuddle Sam, and give Mae her favorite Chinese rice cereal bottle while she cooed at me. Life is good. It's just completely exhausting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ellen! Glad to see you are back to the blog! Two things to impart: Normal is only a cycle on the wash machine. AND My observation of people with three kids is like watching a juggler keeping three balls aloft!! My mom did it...you can too! xxoo to you all, Susan

Beth and Shayna said...

I love all the pictures and it looks like Mae is really coming into her own at home. I am so glad you made it back safe and sound.