Saturday, September 2, 2006

Backpacks

One of the 'therapies' for SID is carrying heavy things. Ted has been doing this for a few weeks now anyway and we are just now learning to encourage it. Here he is with 2 heavy backpacks on!
I've asked the Boulder Bookstore to order "Taming Your Dragons" for me...a book that has relaxation techniques for kids. I think he'll like the drawings and be more willing to do the 'games.' I'd also like to invest in a mini-tramp so I'm stalking Craig's List for one. Those come highly recommended for "Heavy Work Therapy." I'm happy that he had a good report on Friday. His old teacher Jeanne came in for about 2 hours and kind of helped his new teachers with what works with Ted and what sets him off. I apologized to her for having such a 'high maintenance kid' and she was so sweet. She said the high maintenance ones are always the brightest and for that reason, the most fun to teach. That cheered me up some.
Today we hosted our chavurah (since it was raining and that blew the park plan.) Sure hope it's not raining next week for Sam's crazy blow-out party in the park! He finally chose his cake (Nemo) and it is really hard to find Nemo toys anymore! His cake will be really big (since we need cake for about 70 people!) and the baker at Safeway suggested adding some little toys to the final result or it might look a little weak! hee. Tomorrow Paul is going to take Ted to a soccer game-he loves doing that with Ted-so cute!
I love the knowledge that it is a 3-day weekend. Ahhh...

No comments: