Wednesday, October 25, 2006

books books books

I remember when I could zip through a fiction book in a few days and then read a few more before bookclub. Ahhh. I am reading alot now, but not fiction. When I had Ted, I read and memorized The Baby Whisperer. Excellent book for getting your baby on a loose schedule, so everyone knows what's next. Ted was a 'textbook baby' and that approach worked beautifully. I did the same with Sam, but ended up going with the techniques of Marc Weissbluth in Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which worked wonders for Sam. Thought I'd just list my 'stack' that I am working on these days:

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth
Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegal & Mary Hartzell
The Out-of-Sync Child by Carol Stock
Wanting a Daughter, Needing a Son by Kay Ann Johnson

Lovely light reading, no? heh.

No comments: