Wednesday, November 8, 2006

6 Month Anniversary

6 months ago today, May 8, Mae HuaiXiang was handed to me in a crowded, hot room at the Civil Affairs Office in Changsha, Hunan Province. It was horribly hot, in the 90's, and unbearably humid. As the other babies were handed to their parents, Ayi SuSu videotaped away while I got more and more teary. When it was my turn, sure enough, I got the screamer. She was so different, so much bigger and had so much hair...I couldn't believe how much she had changed since the update picture. And while the next few days would be stressful, there was no question in my mind...here was my daughter-at last! Here she was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 Month Anniversary! I hope you get to celebrate tonight with Mae and Mom getting a good FULL night's sleep....Sending you good sleep vibes! Leslie (and Phoebe Xin)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! . And more wishes for a good night's sleep for the entire family! . Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 month anniversary!!! I'm also sending along vibes for a FULL nights sleep for everyone. I can't believe it's been 6 months already, brought tears to my eyes remembering the video where you first had Mae. (((Hugs)))
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months. It has gone by so fast and you have both changed so much. The love you have for each other is amazing and so meant to be.