Sunday, November 5, 2006

chavurah


I love our chavurah. We joined in July of 2002; Ted was 4 months old and we were so nervous, going to the first one. Now it is truly the highlight of our month. We always meet on the first weekend of the month, so if there are other holidays later in the month, we get together for that too, if we want. At the beginning, they were all babies and the chavurah was mostly about the adults. Now it is 100% kid-friendly! Ted, Hannah and Brendan are buds, with Cecelia, Jonah, Sam and Sophie usually right in the mix. Mae, Leah and Doolin are the babies of the group, and Randi and Aidin the honorary babysitters. The kids play together so beautifully...they have known each other their whole lives. It's wonderful. We celebrated Havdallah last night...the official end of Shabbat. It's one of those rituals I'd love to do more often because it is so beautiful. I hope we continue to stay together for years and years...I have a friend who is in the chavurah her parents started when she was little. 2 generations, now 3 with her children, together for all those years. Sounds great to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful group of friends! . You are very lucky folks! . I hope you can stay together for years and years. . Mom

Trixie said...

Wow! How lovely. Right now our's is too child driven and since we don't have kids...you know how it can be...sometimes I just NEED for this baby to get here so that I can get on with my life. Other days, I can wait a million more months.