Sunday, November 12, 2006

word!

My day today revolved around a 4pm meeting with a man I had never met before, at his home, an hour east of me. Crazy? Yes, I suppose it sounds that way! He was in his early 70s and selling a used guitar he had picked up years back and not used. He happened to live about 15minutes from my friend Colleen from my TG, so we turned it into a date (with the girls of course!) I found the guitar on Craig's List (for those of you who don't know, Craig's is the local EBay-ie, no shipping). I called him, he seemed nice (and lived in a suburban house in south Denver!) so out I drove and it is SUCH A NICE GUITAR! The sound is very mellow and aged. I love it. Sam is going to faint with joy tomorrow. I'm taking a guitar workshop in December that will teach me the basic chords and ways to 'strum' so I can sing all the kids songs (and I'm hoping, all the Shabbat songs) with the kids. Just liven it up a bit. I'm so excited. And dinner with C and Miss Caitlan was a blast. We went to a Chinese buffet with 99.9% Asian diners and the girls got lots of coos, if not a lot of questions, which is nice. People must be so used to it around that area. Both girls loved the food and I had too much 'salt and pepper shrimp.' Mmmm.

This Wednesday is Ted's class' field trip to the Planetarium. Ted can hardly stand it; he is so excited. He had a sad week last week. A boy I would consider to be one of Ted's best buddies at school (apparently I'm wrong) had a bday party and Ted wasn't invited. Could be because they are no longer in the same class. Last year Ted was one of 3 boys invited to a movie and dinner for his party. He came home from school Wednesday pretty sad; everyone was talking about going to Pump It Up that night for C's party...why couldn't he go? It was hard to explain. I wonder if it was an oversight. Or maybe in naming kids, Ted wasn't named. Maybe Ted likes C more than C likes him these days. Hard to say. Tough for a 4yo to understand. But he weathered it well. And the lesson learned? Ted is determined to invite everyone in his class AND the other Pre-K class, "so nobody has a sad heart because of me." I love that kid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"so nobody has a sad heart because of me." Oh that made me teary-eyed. What a sweetheart!
Tracey