Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ted does art!


I have been worried about Ted's lack of interest in art (a pre-writing skill) since he was a Caterpillar. I think he might have produced about 3 works of art in the 2 years he was in preschool. This year isn't turning out to be much better in the art department. However. A friend told me about this art program in Longmont and I've been taking them, fairly regularly but spaced out enough to keep it 'new and interesting.' This is the 3rd one we've done so far. Each time, the volume of art Ted is actually interested in creating keeps multiplying. He wanted to make a card for Jeanne, his teacher from last year (that is Jeanne spelled out on the bottom...albeit a backwards 'J') and a star of David and also a hand menorah. I was able to leave him almost completely alone with this last one, and he did it all himself (thus the chopped off fingers of the candles..hee). He was so intent on gluing the little flames on...
I am really really thrilled with this program. I wish it wasn't so crowded and overwhelming in the room...it's very tough for me to keep an eye on all 3 and help them appropriatly all the time, but I think the stress is worth it. And this art will be treasured this Hanukkah season, that's for sure!! (click for a larger view of the picture).

1 comment:

Beth and Shayna said...

Wow, what great art work! Happy Hannukah M Family!