Monday, January 1, 2007

Januarys

I love reminiscing.
In 2003, Ted was 10 months old. As the only child for almost 18 months, we had lots of fun together. I was still finishing up my doctorate, so Tara and Paul split the babysitting when I was away. He was an easy baby and a delightful toddler. He adjusted amazingly to Sam's appearance and has been a terrific brother to him, as he is to Mae.
In 2004, Sam was 4 months old. He was in the throes of colic. 2004 was a tough year.
In 2005, life was good. Ted had started preschool and Sam was turning into the delightful little monkey he is now. We also began the incredibly detailed process of adoption.
In 2006, Sam joined Ted at preschool and we waited eagerly for a first glimpse of our daughter.
And now, in 2007, we are complete as a family. Here's to the fun 2007 will bring!

1 comment:

Beth and Shayna said...

I love the collage. How fun to look back at your years of parenthood thus far. What a great record for the kids, and you.