Friday, August 24, 2007

the blister that wasn't

Today was great. We were well fed, well watered, well doctored and generally taken good care of. The 15 minute massage rocked too. 20 miles today, 20 tomorrow, then 10 on Sunday. Woo hoo!

I did develop 3 'hot spots' that we addressed right away. I call one of them 'the blister that wasn't.' It LOOKS like a blister. It FEELS like a blister. But when the med guys tried to drain it, it was empty. The pic is of the med guy draining, or trying valiantly to drain, my blister. Hmm. I also have lots of calluses on the sides of my toes that don't bother me at all; Wendy said that's from the training. When you don't train, you get blisters instead. Hooray for us! In general, I feel like that was a 12 mile walk day. I'm tired and sore but OK. Not exhausted.

Read the detailed version on the Walk Blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! YOU GO ELLEN!!! woo-hoo. cheering you on from Vermont :)
T