Wednesday, September 26, 2007

just call me Mrs. Cleaver

I kept Ted home today because he was up most of the night coughing. He was fine though and played by himself or entertained Mae all day. We went to Wild Oats for some oils and bulk items and I went to town with my oven. I baked 2 loaves of Wendy's honey wheat/spelt bread, a batch of Vive!'s Easy Pleasin' Oat Bars and one of our favorite dinners, Aloo Gobi, the Bend It Like Beckham recipe). Ahh...

While at Wild Oats we ground our own peanut butter and bought some local honey in bulk. Tuesday after TKD we stopped at Red Wagon and picked up some cauliflower, spinach, apple butter, peaches, apples and pears. For lunch tomorrow Ted has 2 peanut butter/apple butter sandwiches, 2 oat bars and 2 pears. Living local is so easy at this time of year...it's almost winter and I'm already looking forward to the creative ways I'm determined to find to use our Keeper Share. Hopefully putting Ted back on his oils cocktail will help his asthma as it did last year.

Yesterday we took Sam to his cooking class and Mae went to day care. I went for a short run and then took an hour-long yoga class!! It was me and a handful of seniors, but it was plenty challenging enough. It was surreal, and wonderful! Tomorrow Mae has a little Tumbling class and then I'm going to do that class again...so refreshing!! Maybe I'll make it til January after all, with a shred of sanity left to boot!

No comments: