Speaking of which, here is the tentative Eat Local Thanksgiving 2007 Menu!
- Lentil & Golden Squash Pot Pie (had this for T-day '98 and it was delicious!)
- Sweet Dumpling Stuffed Squash (perhaps pumpkin or acorn in our case, depends on the CSA pickup on Tuesday)
- Mashed Potoatoes with Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy (VwaV)
- Garlicky Kale w/ Sesame-Tahini Dressing (VwaV)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pie (Vive!)
- Family Recipe Traditional Pumpkin Pie (with CSA pumpkin!)
We're having the Hackels and family for the T-day feast and I can't wait! Every dish is as local as possible, with only spices and oils being exempt. Beans and wheat, while not Boulder-local, are within the 100-mile radius and are organic.
With a picture of our sponsored turkey, Feather, on the table, this should be a delicious, vegan feast of local foods!