Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Booked!

Well, I did it. I booked my Overnight Retreat at the Shoshoni Yoga Retreat in Nederland. After reading Eat, Pray, Love at bookclub, and hearing about my friend Nathalie's wonderful experience at Shoshoni, I decided to give it a try. It helps that it is less than an hour away and incredibly inexpensive. I will arrive by 3pm and leave the following day at 5:30pm. After a full week with all 3 children home, it will be a wonderful break from the chaos. And it will be short enough that I won't get all mushy and miss everyone! Here is the schedule:

Morning
5:30 - 7:00 am GURU GITA - A beautiful Sanskrit chant
7:00 - 8:00 am BREAKFAST
8:00 - 10:00 am Free Time for Hiking, Health Therapies, Relaxation, Rejuvenating and Replenishment.
10:00 - 10:30 am PRANAYAMA - Yogic breathing techniques
10:30 - 12:00 HATHA YOGA
Afternoon
12:00 - 1:00 pm LUNCH
1:00 - 4:30 pm Free Time for Hiking, Health Therapies, Relaxation, Rejuvenating and Replenishment.
4:30 - 5:30 pm HATHA YOGA
5:30 Dinner
Evening
7:00 - 7:45 pm Evening Meditation

This will be Paul's Hanukkah gift to me. If it's as restful and rejuvenating as Nathalie described, I may beg for a repeat gift for my birthday!

Paul and I practiced yoga for most of the 4 years I attended CU. We went to a "sunrise" yoga class twice a week at 7am. I was amazed at how relaxed, calm and focused I felt after each hour-long class. Paul enjoyed it too; we even followed the teacher to a private home class when CU canceled that class. I've done it off and on since then, and I always love it when I do. I am really looking forward to the yoga, as well as to the "Free Time for Hiking, Health Therapies, Relaxation, Rejuvenating and Replenishment." Free time. What a wonderful concept! I'll be going the night of December 29th and returning the 30th. I can't wait.

No comments: