Wednesday, November 14, 2007

VERY yummy...and local!

I enjoy Wednesdays. After picking up Ted at 3, we can go directly home. The kids play and I usually spend the afternoon cooking. It's the one day that I have the time to do so and I enjoy it a lot! Today's dinner has been waiting around for a good Wednesday for a while now. It was a very Vegan with a Vengeance dinner, that's for sure. Mashed Potatoes with Punk Rock Chickpea gravy (VERY VERY good and I'm not really a seeker of gravy), Garlicky Kale with Tahini Dressing (zippy! but good!), and Black Bean loaf which was only OK, but good. The potatoes, garlic, onions and kale were all CSA and the chickpeas and black beans homecooked. Very 'heavy' meal...we're used to a simple soup or stew for dinner so this seemed too filling...but still good. Next time I want to actually put all the food groups together like that I think I'll wait for a Sunday and have an early dinner. I also tried a recipe for Chocolate Pudding that used tofu...easy and fast but not amazingly good. Mae and I baked 2 loaves of banana bread and 2 loaves of our wheat/spelt sandwich bread too. It was a cooking type of day!
My dad arrives tomorrow morning for a short visit! I can't wait! He can't handle black beans but can do the rest. We have lots planned so we'll be very busy but I hope to take some cute pics of him with the kiddos. Should be a fun weekend!

No comments: