Saturday, April 12, 2008

We're Camo now!

Can you see the camo belt peeking out at his waist? He did great today, even though the car wouldn't start and he was 20 minutes late. Luckily he was one of the higher ranks and at the end of testing anyway. I was completely prepared and yet incredibly nervous. I did well though and am psyched for my black belt, eventually. The boy testing for his black belt today did ALL his low rank forms BLINDFOLDED, one right after another. I know at the black belt level you need to prove that you know your lower forms, but I'd never seen someone do them all before! Apparently it's an old school thing to do, and way hard. This is one determined kid, and he ROCKED. I was so impressed. And, of course, want to do the same thing someday!
Now that we are camo, we start to spar. Ted will spar next weekend at the Tournament. He is a great little sparrer and should have a blast. Sam is excited to get a trophy. I am going to do it too, and while adults don't get trophies (unless they win 1st place), I hope to at least place. We'll see!

No comments: