Sunday, July 20, 2008

HOT

It reached 103 today. We spent the morning back at Eldorado while Sam rocked and rolled on his bike. He can totally start and turn now without any problem. He still needs to work on braking rather than putting his feet down, but he'll get there. I went to my rehearsal at Temple Sinai in Denver (12-5:30...that's a LOT of singing) so at least I was in the AC. Paul braved it til he couldn't stand it anymore and took the kids to McD's to play and cool off. When I got home we all went down to the cul-de-sac to bike with Oliver and Elise, who just returned from their Chicago vacation. Sam won't bike into the cul-de-sac, saying it's "too bumpy" but did do 'the big hill' twice and didn't crash! (I can't even remember how many times Ted crashed on that hill. I think the different personalities are so apparent in this simple biking example!!) We are so proud of Sam.
The boys are bunked now and I found an old-school desk (like the ones we had in elementary school, remember?) for $7 at the thrift store. Paul cleaned it up and it's in the boys' bedroom. Ted is very serious about using it when he has homework in 1st grade. Ah..remember when homework was exciting? I'll bet that doesn't last all that long!
Tomorrow begins another nice week of scheduled camp time, unscheduled pool time, and lots of simple yet local meals. Should be a nice week, and we're supposedly going to get a break in the heat too. I hope so! We're melting!

No comments: