Another mom at school is a realtor. She asked me a few days ago if we were still thinking of moving to Boulder. I told her yes, but that our timeline was Spring of 2010, and that was if everything went as planned. After chatting some, she convinced me to stop the guesswork and just see where we stand right now. She gave me the number of a mortgage broker (a temple member, Mitch Freidman). I gave him the numbers he wanted and he worked out what we can afford. The truth is that it looks much better than we thought. He is going to email his numbers to Marcia and me tomorrow. I'll present them to Paul (my parents always told me that whenever I was serious about something, I'd present them with documents. Usually in the form of pieces of paper thrown into the living room accompanied by the sound of running footsteps. But I digress...)
Yes we can wait. But if the possibility exists that we can move before Sam starts Kindergarten, I'll put the money we'd save on K-care into a new mortgage. And there are quite a few houses in the area of Horizons that are in our price range, according to Mitch's numbers. I am very excited.
I also really love this house. But walking to school trumps it all in my book. There is a bike path that Paul could take to work, if he wanted. Walk to the store, walk to the library, bike to the Farmer's Market.
As of tomorrow morning, we are in an official "money freeze." Just in case. *fingers crossed*