Monday, December 15, 2008

-6

Yup. That's the temperature today. Ole looks sad, but we are not going out in this. After safely maneuvering Ted to school (only 10 minutes late! Not bad.), I returned home to warm up the house. I started the laundry and turned on the oven. 3 hours later and we have Curried Pumpkin Soup for dinner with roasted pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top, Caramelized Apples and Turnips (a side dish for days to come, since I love it and Paul doesn't), a 2nd baked sugar pie pumpkin in the freezer and some hot chai in my cup (homemade soymilk and local Bhakti chai). A delicious and warm way to spend this day. I have 3 pairs of socks on and my feet are cold after sitting down for 5 minutes. Yikes. Folding laundry is up next, then heading back to Horizons to volunteer in Ted's classroom. No recess today - I bet the kids are WIRED! Stay warm, everyone! 

No comments: