Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ah...back to the routine

It's nice to have the kids back in school, although today (Thursday) I spent the whole time with Ted and Mae. But anyway, I digress. Everyone seems happy to be back at school. Ted's been a TKD maniac. Now that he's in Leadership, he's allowed to SWAT (assist) in any class, so he went to 3 classes yesterday. He was exhausted but happy. I was hungry. I need to plan for this in the future. 
Today Ted had his first swim class with SwimAmerica. There were only 3 kids (all boys) in his lane with 2 instructors, so they had lots of attention. Today, the first day of the session, they reviewed. Since Ted didn't know any of the terminology, I was impressed with how carefully he was watching and listening. Afterwards, I told the instructor that Ted hadn't come from SwimAmerica, and she was surprised. She said she always had him go first in drills because he seemed so on top of it. She thinks he's doing great. Hooray. Ted had fun and liked the other kids and the teachers, so I think this'll be great. I'll totally put Sam in with him next Fall. Maybe even Mae too! *gasp* I can't imagine bailing on Judy, but the concept of all 3 kids at the same time is pretty appealing. We'll see. One step at a time. I knew almost all the other parents from Rock Creek Flyers; I didn't realize they were so connected, but I guess with Gretchen as the head coach of both, it makes sense. That was fun. 
I mentioned to Paul the bonus: at least Ted will get one shower in a week! He's been having some "personal hygiene challenges" lately, but wants a hot shower to warm up after swimming. Win-win! (Is this normal boy behavior? Lordy, you'd think he was allergic to soap or something, the way he carries on!)

No comments: