Thursday, March 12, 2009

My 1st Review!

A few weeks ago I was contacted by eco-canteen. They wanted to send me a free sample of their product for me to review. How cool is that?! It arrived a few days ago and I tried it out. Let me first say that I already own 2 stainless steel water bottles. One type is the SIGG, which my kids use, and another is Enviro, which is their backup. (Yes, I admit it: I am still using (and loving) my BPA free CamelBak with bite valve. I love it.) Anyway, I tried out the Eco Canteen and liked it for all the right reasons. First of all, it's cheap, only $9.99 (compared to almost $17 for the others!) for the same stainless steel quality. The top has a nice lip to it (so I don't spill all over myself, which happens to me with the Enviro). I also like the sleek, slender design and cute logo. I'm not a huge fan of the plastic top (why not stay stainless steel all the way?) but I LOVE it for toting around in my bag for when I want to buy a drink (drinks other than water do NOT work with my beloved CamelBak!). I plan to keep this tidy Eco Canteen in my bag with my bento box (for leftovers) and To-Go Ware untensil set (glass straw, bamboo fork, knife and spoon). While I may not use it as my 100oz/day water bottle, I do plan to keep it with me in my bag. So, for an eco-friendly, inexpensive alternative to plastic, try the Eco-Canteen!

No comments: