Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun with G'ma & G'pa

We had such a nice visit. Sam warmed up by the time we got home from the train station and Mae, who knows they adore her, was fine from the get-go. Ted showed his typical affection for my mom (his hugs are multi-million dollar ones! Wish I got those hugs!) and they thrilled the kiddos with books that they loved. I think Sam's pop-up Peter Pan book was the biggest hit. The kids LOVE "big kid" pop-up books! I hope they had as much fun as we did and didn't get too tired schlepping around all day long. Can't wait to see you again in August!

Ted started 2 weeks of camp at HHS and is loving it. Mondays and Wednesdays they have camp at the temple, doing crafts, games, water play, stories etc. Fridays they bake challah for the oldsters at the nearby retirement community and take it over and sing with them (so cute!). Tuesdays and Thursdays are field trip days, on the RTD. Today they went swimming and Thursday they are going miniature golfing. Seth, Jaron, Bennet, Corbin & Max are there, so Ted is happy as a clam. What a sweet camp.

I've had a good week of training so far, but am perplexed as to the fatigue. I took Monday off and today I ran my 50 minutes in the am and did my 5:30 skills n drills swim class. I actually feel better tonight than I did most of the day. I am going to try and improve my diet, more protein and veggies and less carbs and fruits, and see if that help with the energy level. Tomorrow is spin class and Thursday morning we are supposed to do an open water swim workout. Yikes! That will be good for me. Then I'll have to squeeze in a run at night, which will be challenging because the kids have swim lessons til 5:15 and then we have the farm pickup. I might run Friday morning instead and fit the bike in later that day. All in all, week 4 is going well. I still am doubtful that I'll be able to do the distance in the swim (tonight's set of 4x100s at the end of class nearly killed me) but I'll keep at it. I bought flipper booties and that made a huge difference for my poor scabby heels and toes-hooray!

No comments: