Thursday, November 26, 2009

GIving Thanks

Oh, the riches I have! I am feeling abundantly blessed and lucky tonight. What gorgeous weather we had today! We played basketball and soccer outside all day (when I wasn't inside basting something or other). What great kids I have! They spent much of yesterday creating placements for our guests, felting hearts, butterflies and turkeys (and a few snowmen) to decorate the house. What a great husband I have! He let me sleep in til 8am this morning! Since I was up with Ted most of the night (he had gluten and dairy yesterday with no enzymes), it felt heavenly!

And the food! So fresh, so delicious ... it's so special when a meal is prepared only once a year and enjoyed for all its uniqueness. The abundance of food in our lives makes me alternatively guilty and thrilled. Our CSA share (that the family picked up without me last week) yielded about 50% of our Thanksgiving meal. Were it not for the requisite Tofurkey (a tradition) and cornbread stuffing, it'd be almost 100%!

Tofurkey (from Oregon)
Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing (from Connecticut)
Lentil & Golden Squash Pot Pie (all but lentils from the CSA)
Glazed Turnips & Apples (all CSA)
Delicata Squash Soup (all CSA)
Hot Chai (Boulder Bahkti Chai, homemade soymilk)
Pumpkin Pie (all but the crust from CSA & local ingredients)
Red Wine & Beer (local Boulder Beer, Australian Merlot)

Our friends the Seigals brought the salad and fruit, as well as some Thanksgiving Blend coffee! Mmm!! It was a lovely day; the house is cleaned up and the kids in bed. And tomorrow is only Day 2 of the 4 day weekend! Ahh...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments: