Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday - a day of rest and food

This morning we slept in, although I think she was up before I was. We had a leisurely morning and she took a late morning nap. I headed back to the store to pick up a few things I had forgotten last night and fixings for tonight's dinner. I also stopped by the convenient Starbucks that was right on my way (*ahem*) and the nearby Children's Bookstore. Once home I fixed lunch, the aforementioned Black Bean and Corn Tacos. They were delicious! We plan to eat them for lunch again tomorrow and freeze the leftovers. Mmm...

Next we tried to take a walk in Riverside Park but the drizzle turned to rain pretty quickly, so we cut it a bit short. We did manage to feed some very sweet squirrels though, so all was not in vain. After our walk, she read the paper for a while and cuddled with the kitties before taking a late afternoon nap. I joined in and snoozed some myself before getting up to fix dinner - Beef with Broccoli with a side of Roasted Potatoes and Garlic. YUM!

After dinner we dashed out to buy a camera cord so I could upload the pics (you're welcome, fans) and missed Joe by just a few minutes. He dropped off a dozen red roses to celebrate the end of chemo. They are beautiful but the kitties are very interested in them, so they may not last long. She also took me to Nussbaum and Wu (love that combo!) where I selected a tiramisu for a treat. It's huge, so split it into 3 servings. Mmm. A delicious ending to a truly delicious day.

And for fun, pics of me preparing and enthusiastically eating the beef. Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're in luck, there's a Starbucks on every other corner; and a Dunkin Donuts on the other corners! Enjoy!