Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!

The first night of Hanukkah was also Shabbat. Mae and I decorated the house while Sam napped and Ted had TKD. When they got home we roused Sam, ate latkes, lit the first candle on the chanukkiah, played dreidal and opened presents from G'ma & G'pa. They got to bed late, almost 10pm! Wow.

Saturday the boys had their Gingerbread House day and I'll have to get pictures up soon - they are so cute. Ted's involves a snowball fight and Sam made a dog run with a dog and his bone in it. Cute!!

Then they had Jason's bday party at the pool, which was fun. And home for Family Presents night! We lit the menorah and went at it. This was certainly a tough year, financially, but the kids did well. They each got one really good present: Ted got a (new to him) DS and a small Indiana Jones Lego set; Sam got a volcano lamp (so cool) and his rainbow blanket, and Mae got (pink!) Legos and a Careesh Tiger Shark. While I wish I could have filled the house with presents for them, they were happy. And so are we. I have a post I'm working on entitled 'Gratitude.' Tonight I have so much to be grateful for, and my wonderful family is top on the list.

Happy Hanukkah!

No comments: