Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello February!

What a crazy week it's been. On Saturday it was 67 degrees and sunny. On Friday it was in the 70s and I even got a little sunburned. Tomorrow school is canceled and the high is expected to be -1. Wow! It will be back in the high 50s by Thursday. I love Boulder.

I have to say that January has been a confusing month. I was in Chicago for the New Year, came back for a week and then took off again for San Francisco. Once home, my mom was in the hospital (she's home now and doing great) and we were blessed with gorgeous warm weather. This week I thought I'd be back to the routine, but now we have this weird cold snap. I guess it's a good thing that I am as flexible as I am or I'd be going nuts! I did do a 10 day liver cleanse when I got back from CA and it was a great thing for me. I felt fantastic. Now I've started a new eating plan; the first 2 weeks are outlined for me and I think I'll be able to just follow it in the future. I really like how great I feel, though the weight loss is s-l-o-w. My metabolism must really have shifted in the last few years. It's OK though. Jillian says the last 10 pounds are vanity weight anyway, so I'm not going to complain too much.

I'm looking forward to the free 21 days at the Rec Center. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get a run in on the treadmill and perhaps take a Qi Gong class (I'm curious). I think we'll have some reading time with the kids and perhaps make some play dough - we haven't done that in a few years. The cold has me in the kitchen to keep warm; today I baked some fabulous Starbucks pumpkin scones for the kids and cooked a favorite soup for dinner (Mellow Lentil Sniffle Soup from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan). I think I'll do another cabbage soup in the crockpot tomorrow. I love my crockpot.

No comments: