Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ten



 From my post that day:  
Theodore Asher was born March 5, 2002 at 9:45am at Avista Adventist Hospital. He was 7 pounds, 4 ounces and had a full head of dark hair and dark eyes.

How is it that every birthday is such a surprise to me? Can it really have been ten years already?


When I think of this amazing boy, I remember the sweet baby and the mischievous toddler (I'll never forget him sitting on Sam - it was so funny!).


I also remember the challenge he was as a preschooler while somehow managing to be a wonderful big brother. He also warmly welcomed his new baby sister.


Now,  my surprisingly bright elementary school student is also a second degree black belt (recommended - he'll get the belt in April), a fantastic parkour runner, an avid reader and, while he doesn't like it, he does great in school.


My mother has always maintained that there is nothing as wonderful as a 10-year old boy. I am excited for this new year of double digits. Every year he grows up so much and becomes just a bit more of the man he will become. It is bittersweet, to be sure, but exciting.


Here's a cute 9 month video. Sweet pea!

Happy 10th birthday, Ted. I hope this year will be a fantastic one. We love you so very much.

No comments: