Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sam rocks!

Sam can ride a two-wheeler! It's official. We took the training wheels off (again...we had taken them off last August) on Thursday and we practiced on Thursday and Friday for a little bit, with me holding his shirt. I noticed that I wasn't doing very much at all and that he seemed to have really good balance. Today he told me to let go and I did and off he went! He can turn and start (that took Ted forever to figure out!) but hasn't mastered braking yet. He is so proud of himself!!! Way to go, big boy!!
His real test will be if he can bike to Wahoo's, or to the park. I think he'll have to work on braking in the cul-de-sac before we try one of those rides, but he is well on his way! Hooray!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHEEE SAMMY!!! You look like a pro on your bike! Practice your braking. Your cousin Max had to practice that too, but soon got the hang of it.

Ayi Susu

jack said...

Hooray for Sam!

Your people really move!

Grandpa & Grandma Kessie