Tuesday, October 21, 2008

single parenting

It's that time of the year again. Paul is off to NJ for a few days and then will spend the weekend with his sister Nancy in NYC. This morning was a whirlwind of chaotic energy. Ted had to be ready for carpool at 7:30, Sam and Mae had to be at Heather's by 7:45 so I could drop Paul at his airport bus by 8, so I could drive to Denver in rush hour by 9. It all worked out, although apparently there was a delay getting out of Denver so Paul got in late. He is settled in his hotel now. After singing this morning, I retrieved the kids and went to soccer (both Ted and Sam's practices). We picked up the oh-so-healthy Sonic Burgers Grilled Cheese Kids Meals on the way, and when we got home after practice, they all went straight to bed (after Ted's treatment of course. He is really doing a lot better-it's so encouraging. And he drinks his vitamins without complaint now in the mornings!) It is quiet now but everyone is asleep. I think I'll take a bath and turn in early.
The blog will be getting a much needed makeover in the next few days. I'd love feedback, so when you see something new, let me know if you like it. I'm excited about it.
And I'm lusting for an iPhone, just in case anyone wanted to know. ahem.

No comments: