Monday, February 1, 2016

100 Miles! and needles


Well, with the plantar fasciitis, I'm a little behind, but I hit my 100 miles last week. Hopefully I can ramp up after this is behind me.

Last Friday, after a particularly intense PT session, my new training regime began. In addition to all the icing, Advil-ing, stretching and heating, we've reduced actual pounding time by 3 days. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays, I will cross-train, either by spinning or water running. Sundays I've always jumped on the stationary bike while watching Paul play his soccer game. Today, I started watching a movie but needed to cut my session short by 30 minutes because my rear wasn't quite up to the task yet. On Wednesday, I'm going to try a water running class. I don't like doing these things, but oh my goodness, it makes me appreciate the running days that much more! We are in the middle of a blizzard, but I'm determined to get out there tomorrow morning for some intervals!

In other running news, Revolution Running has merged with Fast Forward, so our group was HUGE on Saturday. This will be interesting, but I'm so happy for Ewen and Heather. I'd like Rev Running to be as successful as possible! As long as I have my awesome coach, the group can get as large as it can manage!

No comments: