Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Fishy

It's really hard to take a picture of a fish in a fishtank. "Fishy" is a blue Betta. He is beautiful and very active. Ted says that Fishy loves him, mostly because he feeds him. Ted feeds Ole already, but somehow feels very important that he now has a fish to feed too. Hopefully the cats won't terrorize him too much. Bettas are very territorial so we can't get him a Betta friend, although other tropical fish are possible roommates. They have a lifespan of 4 years (!!) so we've decided that if Fishy makes it 6 months, we'll get him a tropical fish friend, of the non-agressive variety. I'm not really a fish person, but he is beautiful, and he responds to the sound of your voice, which is cool. Welcome to the family, Fishy!

In other news, I won the first round of Mahj tonight-yippee! We play once a month plus a pick-up, but I can never make pick-ups since they're on Wednesdays (Paul's soccer night) and last month we were on vacation. It was nice to be back. Mahjong is not as fun as bridge, but it's similar, so I enjoy it. I hope to find a nice Mahj set in China. It cracks me up that Mahj is played by Jewish and Chinese women. I will HAVE to teach my daughter!

No comments: