Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Crazy Tuesday

Yesterday was a busy day. Paul dropped Sam & Mae off at our friend Lisa's for the morning. I took Ted to OT at 9:15, followed by another acupressure class, a quick lunch at Einstein's (with Tofutti not-cream cheese), then soccer at 2. While he played soccer I met with his nutritionalist who looked over the results from the bloodwork. Turns out he is also 'sensative' to gluten. Not 'allergic' because the numbers were low (3.8) but they should have been not even detectable (other results were >0.1). So, we are going to try to lighten up on the gluten. She is very down-to-earth and said to not go crazy on it, to focus on the dairy right now. But when it's convienent, sub in something different for the carbs. This weekend I plan to make some waffles or pancakes for him. I'll freeze a bunch for the week. I'll even put chocolate chips in-that will make them a sure success! I'm also going to try baking a loaf of spelt bread and see if he'll eat that for his sandwiches.
Last night was our monthly Girls Night Out, with moms I've known for 5 years now. They are such a great group of women. We went to the Dushanbe Teahouse (I'd never been for dinner) and it was excellent. Yummy Indian-esque selections. And they had more vegetarian entrees than anywhere I've ever been. It was actually hard for me to make a choice!! That made for a late night though and I'm beat today.
In typical fashion, I still hadn't fixed two of the dishes planned for last week, so when I realized this week's box was on the doorstep today, I decided to fix BOTH meals now to get them cooked and make room for the new! So, tonight will be the Acorn Squash with Tomato Salad and tomorrow's Eggplant & Potato Curry from VwaV is already prepared and in the slow cooker pot in the fridge, ready to be heated slowly and make my house smell delicious all day tomorrow! I love spurts of energy.

No comments: