Friday, January 4, 2008

Repeat...

... of one of our favorite local meals. Pumpkin Black Bean Soup with CSA pumpkin, Hopi beans, garlic and onion. Served alongside my challah, which Paul and I managed to eat in its entirety with no help from the kids. Heh. I roasted my sadly slumped CSA pumpkin today and was able to use about 80% of its flesh, so even if a squash looks like it's going the way of the compost, some if not most can still be salvaged. This soup is fabulous; I give the credit to the local beans and pumpkin. Mmmm...

I baked a batch of Dreena's SuperCharge Me! Cookies (EDBV) and they were OK but not amazing. They tasted like an oatmeal raisin cookie with chocolate chips. They are crazy healthy and don't taste weird, so that's good. But my kids wouldn't touch them. *sigh*

1 comment:

Green Bean said...

Wow. That soup sounds fantastic. I've been looking for a way to use up the million pounds of pumpkin I roasted, pureed and froze this year! And my biggest bean loves beans. Win win. :) Thanks for shairng.