Thursday, April 3, 2008

don't forget your sunscreen!

If you look back to June of 2006 (when I got my nose pierced), you can see a little dot next to the piercing. Mae had scratched me a week or so earlier. It never healed. Today I went in to have it looked at, and was slapped with the label "actinic keratosis." Two quick zaps of liquid nitrogen later, and I have a little white blister. In two weeks, if it hasn't healed up, they'll biopsy it. No big deal, really. This is Colorado, the land of 300+ days of sunshine, and you can be sure I've gotten a little too much sun in my 10 years living here. Rest assured, I (and my family) will be more vigilant about sunscreen from this moment forward. So, readers, wear your sunscreen. And check out any weird spots. And do it sooner than 10 months after you first notice it. Duh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should post about this. I just made an appt. yesterday to see my Dr. next week abotu some funky looking spots I've noticed. hope it heals quick and is nothing more. - T