Saturday, April 5, 2008

Farmer's Market

GORGEOUS weather and amazing produce!! I was at the market at 8am, when some venders were still setting up. I scurried to the egg lady to put in my money before she sold out (blue eggs again! Oh, how I've missed those colorful eggs!). All in all, we have the fixings for a truly outstanding egg dish, and quesadillas too. It was a beautiful sunny day and everyone was about as thrilled as I was to be there. It's OFFICIALLY spring in my book! Here's the bounty I scored this week:

kale
red chard
beet greens
local wine
Moms in the Raw granola
a doz eggs
2 cheese wheels
onions (no sprouts!)
garlic (no mold!)
a strawberry plant
a chocolate mint plant (intriguing!)
dried cranberry beans (like a kidney bean)
mushrooms

We are bringing the wine to a friend's for dinner tonight, but tomorrow's Sunday brunch is going to feature the eggs, mushrooms, onion, garlic, cheese, and beet greens. YUM!!!

No comments: