Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Passover Pics

Isn't this picture worth a THOUSAND words?!? So, everyone was playing outside after the seder while the adults finished dinner. The kids remembered Elijah's cup and ran in to fill it with wine for him. Then they went and opened the door and dashed back. They were disappointed when the cup was still full. They returned about a minute later and ... oh my gosh ... the cup was EMPTY!!! Elijah had come to our seder! They all totally believed it. Ted still talks about it. It's so sweet. I guess it's a little like Santa! I love it!!!
I have started baking a batch of chocolate matzah every day to take to pick up at kindergarten. The other kids LOVE IT and snarf it up. Ted is very proud and begged me to make more yesterday, which I did, and it was gone in a flash this afternoon. Each batch uses 6 matzah, so I should work through my remaining 2 boxes in no time!

I asked Wendy if she'd take a pic of Mae in her pretty Passover dress, after she had climbed to the top of the play structure (Mae, not Wendy.) I LOVE this picture. I love her genuine smile and how the dress is blowing in the wind. It was such a beautiful, warm, spring day. Ahhh...
I love Passover. I love the seder, the traditional foods (my vegetarian matzah ball soup was SO delicious, if I do say so myself), the promise of spring in the air, the special matzah brei breakfast that I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let myself ... everything. Next year, I'm going to fly my parents out. That would make it even better.

No comments: