Tuesday, November 18, 2008

we are ready!

I read a post this morning (I can't remember where it was...so I apologize to the original author!) that echoed my sentiments exactly, on the whole "putting up for winter" thing. I am ready! I've got my local beans, squash, potatoes, carrots, turnips, apples, jams, applesauce and frozen greens. So, when do I start eating? It seems too early. Yet, I remember last June, we were still finishing up meals in the deep freeze before restocking! So, when do we start? It almost seems a shame. It took a lot of work (and with 3 more Keeper pickups, the work continues!) to store this food and it's very comforting to see the shape we're in. But, when do we eat?

I took some pics of Mae at gymnastics today. She insists on wearing her tutu even though she didn't like ballet. Cutie. She held this position for a LONG time. She's so strong. I'd update moeltini but I'm too tired. Busy day today and tomorrow is even crazier. Lots of doctor appointments tomorrow. And rehearsal in Denver at night. *yawn*

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Oh, this is the exact question I have! We "cheated" and ate some of our food for Sukkot, a Jewish harvest festival, and we'll do the same at Thanksgiving. But our big plan is to start after the greens in our backyard are gone. Let me know what you figure out.