Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Paul!

Paul is the big 4-0 today! For his birthday, Sam greeted him in bed around 6:15am. The kids made him cards they drew themselves and, of course, Lego creations they made just for him. Cute! Black Bean & Corn Tacos, Chips & Salsa, a Caucasian, and Lemon Meringue Pie for his birthday dinner. Hopefully Ninja Nite will go on Saturday and we'll go to see the Star Trek movie.

I started this fine morning at 5:30am, getting to the track at 6:15 to warm up. Our workout was 6x800s. Now, for a newbie like me, that was SO SO HARD. SOOOOOO HARD. I am actually pretty surprised that my muscles didn't seize up and fail on me, because they sure were threatening to do just that. Especially after an interval spin class yesterday (not my brightest idea perhaps.) Tomorrow we're supposed to bike again but I'm going to swim instead. Then bike Saturday and run Sunday. Whew.

No comments: