Sunday, November 22, 2009

Farewell!

Today is Sunday, which means I have to go home today. *sigh*

After a rough night of coughing, we had some fresh rice pudding for breakfast. She took a much-needed morning nap while I prepared more of Obama's chili in the crockpot. It will be ready tonight for her dinner and she can pop it in the fridge, ready to serve to Mark and Andrew when they come, if she likes.

After her nap, we ventured out into the chilly air for a walk. The air was much cooler than yesterday, but the sun kept it pleasant. Sundays are busy days in NY! There were many soccer games going on, trophies being passed out, and a dad tossing the football to his sons. Very sweet. We popped into a grocery store to find (yes! finally!) miso and then I got my chai and we parted ways. She went home to take another nap and I explored the bookstore. I found some really fun stuff for the kids. What a neat store.

I got home and made the Moroccan Chickpea Soup, which will go straight to the freezer. We had lunch (leftovers) and pecked at our respective keyboards. I am all packed, laden down with babkas and rugalachs, but it'll be worth it.

I'll catch the M60 in about half an hour to the airport, for my 5:19pm flight to Denver.

It has been a lovely visit as well as a chance to offer my support and love. We love you!!

No comments: