Monday, July 5, 2010

busy busy

Excuse the stock photo, but my rear isn't nearly as attractive. *Ahem.*

Besides training (or not training, but that's another post), my other focus this week has been building and organizing. LOTS of building apparently. I found Sam a sweet simple desk at Tar-jay and darned if I didn't put it together. It's not as smooth as it should be, so I hope Paul can work on it a bit when he comes home, but I was pretty darned proud of myself! I even have the blisters on my hands to prove it (the directions explicitly showed a picture of an electric screwdriver with a big red X over it. *sigh*)

I also built an hysterical shoe spinner (yes, really) and re-organized the pantry closet so it now fits the cleaning supplies that were continually falling over in the bathroom. That and lots of cleaning (we haven't cleaned since we've moved in) have filled my days. Ole is enjoying his two walks a day and we're both loving the early afternoon nap.

This morning I went to Rabbi Rose's 2nd son's bris (and am thoroughly grateful that I am past the baby stage. They now have a newborn and a 2 year old. Oh, those days were hard. Beautiful and wonderful, but hard.)

Soon I'm off to dinner with Wendy (my crazy Ironman (IronWoman?) friend and an evening of catching up. And tomorrow I'll bike to the Rez and do a lap or two, then run in the early evening. Oh my. I am severely under-motivated.

No comments: